Accounting · Administrative · Advertising/Marketing · Bookkeeping · Call Center · Clerical · Customer Service
Executive Recruitment · Finance · Healthcare · Human Resources · IS/IT · Management · Medical Billing · Sales · Special Projects … and more!
We are looking for an experienced Physical Therapist who is able to provide family-centered, transdisciplinary early intervention services (evaluation, assessment, direct services, and consultation and service coordination) for infants, toddlers and preschoolers and their families. These services, utilizing best practices based in sound research, are provided through a team approach and are primarily home and community-based.
Essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Maintain and uphold the confidentiality standards for each child, family and program
2. Possess general knowledge of typical and atypical child development, as well as family-centered care, possess in-depth knowledge of the field of physical therapy
3. Participate in eligibility evaluations and developmental assessments and provide timely and accurate write up of activities, which include but are not limited to gross and fine motor skills; orthopedic alignment and positioning; therapeutic handling and movement; adaptive equipment; mobility and functional abilities.
4. Consult to family, staff, and/or related team members around gross motor, functional mobility, adaptive equipment concerns when appropriate.
5. Participate in the Individual Family Support Plan (IFSP) process around gross motor and sensory goals, objectives and strategies.
6. Provide direct intervention in accordance with the IFSP through both individual and group interventions at the center and in the community, including home visiting.
7. Appropriately maintain and manage a child’s behavior to ensure his/her safety.
8. Provide appropriate documentation for all direct service, consultation, and family, staff, and/or related team member activities.
9. Provide timely and appropriate input to family, staff, and/or related team members around equipment needs, appropriate toys, activities, etc. which will optimize a child’s acquisition of functional motor skills and mobility.
10. Informally assess family/caregiver learning style and provide information and/or feedback in a manner most meaningful for that family.
11. Participate in a transdisciplinary approach with other team members for comprehensive services for children.
12. Demonstrate knowledge and ability to work with insurance companies and primary care physicians to advocate for the child and family to meet identified needs.
13. Participate in quality assurance initiatives that include program development and evaluation efforts.
14. Practice universal precautions.
15. Maintain knowledge of and practice within the guidelines as set forth by the agency.
16. All other duties as required.
· A master's degree or doctorate in physical therapy from an accredited college or university.
· Maintenance of a New Hampshire State license.
· Membership in the APTA is desired.
· Maintain valid CPR and First Aid Certification for Infant/ Child.
· Maintain valid driver’s license and auto insurance coverage of an inspected and registered vehicle.
· Basic computer skills: word processing, data entry, email and internet use.
· Possess an NPI number; credentialed through CAQH; and willingness to become an in-network provider for various insurance companies.
Salary depends on experience.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please include "Physical Therapist" in the subject line of your email.
The job description contained herein is written in accordance with I.D.E.A. Federal Law Part C, NH State Law He-M 510, Family-Centered Early Supports and Services, and NH State Law He-M 203, Procedural Safeguards for Family-Centered Early Supports and Services. A copy of these laws will be made available to any individual upon request. In addition, this job description in accordance with the American Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act and Title 7 Standards as Richie McFarland Children’s Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.